[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Cookies??? May I take your e-mail address, too ?

At 09:18 PM 7/11/96 +0200, Jens Thiel wrote:
>I don't know if those people discussing over cookies know the
>javascript 'feature' of grabbing an e-mail address while loading
>a page. Combine this with cookies and log information!!!
>
>See http://www.Bonn.CityNet.DE/surprise.htm for an example.

This does not appear to work with Netscape 3.0 beta 5.  (I believe this
security hole was fixed a few versions back.)

Also, the page is in German...  Hard to read when you do not speak the
language...
---
Alan Olsen -- alano@teleport.com -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l alano@teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
  "We had to destroy the Internet in order to save it." - Sen. Exon
                "Microsoft -- Nothing but NT promises."